Here is a link to the original post.
To quote a few of the highlights:
- Backbone can run without $ being defined
- Backbone.View how has a dispose method for preventing memory leaks:#1461
- In Backbone.View objects, id and className can be functions: #1520
- Collections can be unsorted: #1342
- Backbone.Collection.add has an optional merge flag for merging models with identical IDs: #1220
- Collections can now be cloned
- Success callbacks now receive the original options object: #1355
- ‘off’ is chainable when there are no events
There are more bug fixes and and internals, with what I hope are some optimizations.